Having majored in Business Ethics in his MBA, Greg Lucas makes the following commitments:
Integrity & Fairness
- acumen advisers will exemplify integrity and fairness in our client relationships.
- acumen advisers will show professional courtesy and respect to all clients, other professional advisers, professional bodies and regulatory authorities at all times, and do all things necessary to maintain and improve the status and standing of financial planning as a profession.
- acumen advisers accepts the trust placed in it by clients, and will honour that trust in all dealings with clients by displaying integrity, fairness, honesty, candour and personal integrity at all times.
- acumen advisers observe all laws and regulations applying to financial planning and in particular the financial planning process and the preparation of statements of advice and similar documents for clients.
- acumen advisers will not do, or fail to do, anything that will breach Dover’s Client Protection Policy.
Best interests of clients;
- acumen advisers will always act in the best interests of our clients.
- acumen advisers emphasises short, concise and effective financial plans, which can be easily understood by you.
- Every financial plan we provide you will be read and certified by a legally qualified lawyer.
- acumen advisers will not place themselves in a position where it has an undisclosed or unresolved conflict of interest.
- acumen advisers will ensure its advice is reasonable and appropriate to your circumstances.
- acumen advisers will always provide a clear and prominent warning on the limits of their authority before providing a financial service to you.
Confidentiality & Privacy
- acumen advisers client information will be secure and access controlled in accordance with professional standards of complete confidentiality and privacy laws and regulations.
- acumen advisers commit to a high standard of ongoing professional education and training including private reading and research, regular attendance at technical and professional training and constant study of the Corporations Act rules and regulations concerning the financial planning process and related fields.
- acumen advisers commit to an on-going process of self-improvement in the preparation and delivery of financial services to clients.
What our clients say
I found Greg to be a genuine, honest and helpful professional in resolving my future financial needs.
– Marcia, Blackheath.
Greg is extremely knowledgeable about financial planning and is exceptionally skilled at explaining financial concepts to the layperson. I have recommended Acumen Advisers to friends and colleagues.
– Name withheld, Health Professional, Mosman.
We have been clients of Greg’s for almost 20 years after one of us attended a seminar he gave on Taxation and Superannuation.
Greg has consistently prepared very detailed and appropriate financial plans for us. He has assisted us with legal work required due to our relationship and negotiated both sudden changes due to physical failings, and the vagaries of Centrelink (for this we are greatly appreciative). Greg has also given public lectures for our small community group, Friends of Auburn Library Services (FOALS).
However, the best advice Greg gave us was to travel (which we wanted to do) early, rather than wait until later, when we may not be able to physically. This has changed our lives, we have completed 7 cruises and 2 non-cruise holidays based on this advice, and his careful management of our financial situation.
We have no hesitation in recommending Greg as a Financial Adviser and as a friend.
– Hazel Labka, Retired Nurse Manager & Dr. Deborah Neyle, Retired University Lecturer, Auburn.
I have been a client of Acumen Advisers since 1997. Greg has the ability to explain financial concepts with exceptional clarity. I value the understanding he brings to my finances and his desire to ensure that the advice he provides is entirely appropriate to my circumstances.
– N. P-L, Retired Medical Professional, Woolwich.
Before I met with Greg I thought I was “too small” a client and wasn’t really sure whether a Financial Adviser could help me. However, I found him to be very honest and open and good to work with. His advice has suited my circumstances and I recommend him to my family and friends.
– A. Amor, Single Parent, Melbourne.
It was a pleasure to work with Greg Lucas of Acumen Advisers, firstly in a professional capacity through his workshop for members of our community on financial aspects in the transition to retirement, and secondly on my personal financial planning needs and aspirations.
Having heard somewhat negative comments about financial planners in the past, I had never approached anyone before, and I was somewhat nervous. But Greg’s professional approach left me with no concerns. He is not only well qualified and experienced, I also found his approach to be well considered and thoroughly professional. He answered all my questions with no hesitation, and went out of his way to find the best approach to financial and estate planning that fitted for me at this stage in my life. I certainly had no knowledge of some of the options he presented that were available to me.
It is a pleasure to work with Greg, and I am glad that I have his support and expertise to help guide my own transition to life after work (dare I say it – life in my older age).
– Peta Williams, Community Sector Manager, Musician & Composer, Springwood.
For anyone looking to retire or just worried about their future finances, I can highly recommend a chat Greg at Acumen Advisers. With friendly and clear advice they were efficient and so helpful, taking away any stress. Their follow-up gave me also, a great sense of a job well done.
– Jules Francois, Artist, Summer Hill.
I have been working with Greg Lucas for over 10 years. I highly value his advice and make sure to consult him before any major financial decisions. I am always impressed with his insight and perspective. His strategies are sound and give me confidence I am making good decisions. He also often thinks outside the square and suggests alternatives I would not have considered. I have no hesitation in saying that my financial position is significantly better as a result of Greg’s advice.
– K.Sykes, Marketing Consultant, Lane Cove